I have several WIPs, three are ones that I consider to be still on the front burners while the others are all on the back burners or shelved. These all feature f/f romances and other LGBTQIAP2+ characters, and are YA.
- First up is the one I’m working on most (I have a blog post about it here) that I will refer to as SA. It’s a sort of retelling of Snow White with Robin Hood and Greek Mythology.
Status: Writing the first draft.
- Next is the one that pulled me back into writing seriously last year, I’ll refer to it as GBaMD. It’s a fantasy series that has royals in disguise, merchant daughters, pirates, magic tattoos and assassination plots.
Status: It was editing fifth draft, now it’s being torn apart in order to be rebuilt.
- My third “front burner” WIP is one I’ve been working on for ages. It’s an urban fantasy with vampires, I’ll refer to it as KtDG. The MC is a badass bisexual on the revenge rampage in a small town in central Alberta.
Status: Re-starting the first draft for the billionth time.
Now for the back burner WIPs:
- An urban fantasy with curses/witchcraft, a terrible past and a Canadian setting, I refer to it as SL.
Status: On hold due to major plot problem.
- Next is a YA contemporary that is 100% about that high school aesthetic and drama. It features love-to-hate AND hate-to-love, secret romance, shady ex-boyfriends, strange happenings, and stalkers?
Status: On hold until other WIPs are done
- Then I have a YA urban fantasy, HtMaHB that has an alternative twist to witchcraft and psychological repression. I wrote the entire first draft for this for my first NaNoWriMo experience in 2016. It has a lot of crushes on the wrong people, secrets, uncontrollable powers and lots of POVs and formats.